Malcolm Smith Pianos Risk assessment for a Safe Working
And the Conditions for accepting an appointment: We have relaxed some of our protocol due to the vaccinations and this allows a bit more freedom.
- We will ask you to tell us if you have any Covid19 related issues in your household are self-Isolating or are in quarantine.
- We must and will do the same at the first sign of any symptoms, and then self-isolate.
- Payment can be made either by credit/debit card or by bank transfer. Cash is acceptable. We can still take cheques however we prefer you use the above means of payment.
- Instrument requires to be totally free of all items (photographs Etc)
1.If the client wants to talk to the technician, then this has to be sociably distanced.
2 Wash hands, using own soap and Paper towels e.g. Kitchen Roll and soap (Apparently Soap and water is best) This might not always be possible; hand sanitiser is a viable alternative.
- We will wear a face covering/mask on arrival
- The technician will prefer to be on their own in the room with the piano
- Disinfecting the keys is not required
- EXTREME CAUTION: beware here alcohol will discolour, and even crack the keytops, and possibly on older pianos melt the polish of the ebony. Never spray onto any instrument as you would with any cleaning products, spray only on the cloth. It is possible to purchase key cleaning wipes from us these are alcohol and chlorine free cost £6.50 per pack of 10
- Please DO NOT SHAKE HANDS WITH US.
- USE COMMON SENSE.